A living document.



Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Dad Reviews My CD Collection So You Don't Have To: Part I

"*Pulp Fiction - terrific

*Jimi Hendrix - very good

*The Strokes (Room on Fire) - good

*Creedence Clearwater Revival - good to very good

*Pearl Jam - terrible, no stars

*Arrested Development - I like them

*Merle Haggard - I'm not at all crazy about him

*Otis Redding - fine

*The White Stripes - good

*The Mighty Quinn (soundtrack) - one of my all-time favorites, especially Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

*Belle and Sebastian - I didn't fall in love with them

*Badly Drawn Boy - I rather liked

*Prince's (Musicology) - clearly very talented but I'm not all that crazy about it

Like a lot:
*Ron Carter - All Alone
*Hello I'm Johnny Cash
*Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
*Beatles - Rubber Soul

Liked:
*Nirvana - Nevermind
*The Band - Music from the Big Pink
*Rolling Stones Now
*Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky is Crying
*Michelle Shocked - Short Sharp Shocked

Didn't like:
*Nirvana - Unplugged in New York"

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

i think that a father-review of Arrested Development deserves its own post. I want a lyrical analysis of People Everyday, Tennessee, and Mr. Wendel.

SOAM said...

I will pass along the special request! Thanks.

Jeremy said...

Yeah, those sports moments were right on the money, too. I also forgot about the Music City Miracle, the Pistons/Pacers Brawl (how did I forget that! Has anyone in the history of reality/television/movies been hit as hard as that guy Jermaine O'Neal hit?), Dennis Rodman kicking the cameraman in the nads (I was at that game) and Frank Thomas and Ricky Henderson both flicking me off for heckling them at the Metrodome and Gerald Wilkins being called the "Jordan Stopper" by the Cavs in the 92-93 season.