A living document.



Saturday, October 29, 2005

Please allow me to re-introduce myself . . .

Hi. Okay, so you spend your whole life waiting for a forum within which you can howl at the moon or giggle at the sun, and then you find that forum, and you start writing. And then you realize that it may be true that in space, no one can hear you scream, but that on the Internet, everyone can hear you howl or giggle . . . but no one has to listen. Sure, a few old friends come to watch the show and some new ones crane their necks to see if they should stop the car to check out the show. And when they visit, they have been very kind. But at some point, they ask, "Hey . . . so . . . interesting . . . but . . . well, what's the deal?"

And someday soon, I hope to have the answer. In the meantime, I promise you this -- no more absences without leave:
"Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game"

2 comments:

Joe White said...

Yeah, I've made that pledge a time or two myself.

SOAM said...

LOVE the photo, Joe . . . .